All about Short Term Rentals
This is a round table discussion of strategies, pros, cons potential pitfalls when planning or running a short term rental investment in New Zealand. We invited a successful short term rental investor / operator, a tax specialist and an insurance advisor to dig into a range of topics.
- Evaluating a market
- Getting set up
- How to stand out and market yourself
- Different online platforms
- Expected quality of fittings
- Costs to run
- Tax and structuring, including a crucial GST issue
- How insurers look at short term lets depending on various scenarios
- Potential cost implications of running a commercial operation in a residential property such as rates, insurance, tourist levies
- The methamphetamine issue for insurance
This content is viewable to community members.
To view, please register for free below.
Already registered? Click here to login.